Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Warm cup of tea

Floats into oblivion

Where I used to share my soul

My warm whisper lost

To your formidable touch

Crushed by the solid cement

Concepts dazzle

Logic and pragmatism dwindle

An underwater voice

Beckoning visions blind

Dreams losing definition

Empty coat hangers

A tear and one void wardrobe

The carpet smells stale

As I lie and watch time fail

To heal or gift me amnesia

Dust and rats under the sofa

The world behind my eyelids

Bellissimo!



In hopeful waves

Trinkets against my gate

Feather-like

Helium balloon

You glide through my barricade

Break my chains

No saw, sledge or hammer you use

I was never open

No lock or crevice

To manipulate or cheat

Somehow you hold keys to my pain

Somehow you’ve managed to let yourself in

Now I feel less alone and more lonely

This mammoth-like distance

A mile and a half

Your gentle eyes

Promise me nothing

Yet, my reflection in them

Seems happier than I’ve ever seen

The parrots of fortune have lied

Gods of fate caught in wonder

You may not see the future

But then neither do I

Morning creeps through my window

An ancient log of wood exists outside

Strange, yet exquisite

It carries me to you

The shores on your island

Have my foot-prints now

Mine and yours

Little, very little

Have I to offer

The Ulysses of life will give you more

Your Achilles' heel will cause you to tumble

But the fervor to create magic

Will keep you from falling

Hubris will bow down to your modesty

While you will never see

What I experience in a single glance

The light of your soul beaming bright

Fresh drops of rain on a sunny sky

Those crystalline black pearls gleam

A welcoming rainbow

Marking the completion

A dream is now realised

Listen to the chants of millions

Waiting to listen

Farewell

I will leave that Garden of elixir

I will moan watching the bridge burn

Now I am left alone on the shore

Without roots or a sail

To take me home

Remember this,

Even if you forget me

I shall never be forgotten

No comments: