Ok so everyone tries to look busy once in a while and I thought ok maybe I should give "WORK" a shot.. Translated into college life- Organising a class trip to Goa for a bunch of 44 girls..
So there I was in the middle of train tickets...hotel room booking.. concession forms..scary meetings with the V.I.P's of college.. Student convincing.. Class politics.. Money collections and an extremely low self esteem...
I lost it say just about a million times.. But, somewhere in the midst of all that confusion and mental torture I learnt a few important lessons-
When you think there is absolutely no way things are going to work out.. just wait and something will turn up even if its just lemonade and a consoling friend..
When I hit a wall.. which was a constant thing, in the say 4 months I took to get things done for the trip, I normally would get all paranoid and fret.. But in the process of organising this trip my nerves are doing much better and I am maybe a little less annoyed when things don't work..
Also it taught me a lot of patience... in terms of organising I have reached a whole new level.. and ofcourse my knowledge of the Indian Railways is impressive especially if you are looking at a Chennai-Manglore-Goa trip.. :)
OK, my trip was far from depressing.. I had the time of my life.. this trip is more special because of the process involved in making it click at the right time..
I have made some good contacts..widened my friend circle.. and have decided on not giving up easily even if my goal seems like its on the other side of the world.
The trip was a joyride all the way.. The train trip was awesome.. Manglore is so beautiful and the view from Manglore to Goa is something no one should miss.. Its just nature smiling at you early morning :) On reaching Goa it was like I was going back home.. I was so happy just reaching the station a few months ago it was something I imagined impossible..
Goa the heavenly land of pristine beaches and architectural splendors was our destination. The state of Goa is located on the western coast of India in the coastal belt known as Konkan.We stayed in Candolim at the Goan village, the place was to everyone's satisfaction. We went to a couple of beaches which included the Anjuna, Baga and Calangute.. Also a visit to a temple called Maheshi and the St. Xavier Church. I went on a shopping spree with all my friends and had some good food as well..
The highlight of the trip was the river cruise in the night in Panjim. The setting was brilliant.. we even had music and performance on board. The trip left all of us wanting for more..
I can safely say today..
IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!!!!!
4 comments:
cool..
your trip has been quite a contrast to our experience @GOA for the past couple of years! [except, of course for the fun of train journey!]
woahhh..thats nice to hear :) i had a similar experiance in my yercaud trip ..i was all tensed up before it but when the time cam for fun i grabbed it with both my hands !
and yeah allllll the best for your exams and future train ticket booking outtings :):)
hello, sorry for trespassing but found my way here. :)
and it's NOT FAIR. i'm in stella too, we went to goa and we were the ONLY ones to have such MADDENING situations thrust at us. amazing fun, but still! here's my link to my post on our trip.
http://astrodominie.wordpress.com/2007/09/16/son-she-said-have-i-got-a-little-story-for-you/
man.. i miss that beer in the beach-side shack.. :-S
Post a Comment