Monday, August 20, 2007

When the lights appear!


An unknown tune played upon her lips as she walked down the narrow street. She walked taking small steps making sure she didn’t mess her pretty dress in all the slush the rain left behind. There was darkness all around her; the city was going to bed. A hurried mass rushing back to a place they claim home. A mad rush to get back to a place they abandoned earlier in the day. She smiled as she watched faces. Each looked different and beautiful. Some even looked happy. Where do they drown their sullen thoughts she wondered.

She grabbed her coat on tight she wondered if she should go back, it was cold here. The city now looked like a reflection of the stars shining bright. Neon lights, yellow hazy street lights and the blinding flash that cars emitted thrilled her. She walked on. The sharp smell of tea took her by surprise. She noticed a small tea- shop. The owner counting little coins and notes looked rather pleased. She walked on till she reached the sight of a little girl lighting a candle at a broken down shrine. Faith she thought was like this evening rather mysterious. She continued to walk and heard the ancient clock tick eleven. The street ended and she reached a cross section. The bridge looked like a diamond studded necklace. Magnificient. She breathed the salty water in. Enough for tonight she decided and her wings come back on.

8 comments:

9 said...

fabulous... get a tune.. make a vdo..!

Manasa. K .Kumar said...

W O A H

Da Rodent said...

@rini: Hmm., I lost it after the second line i think. should come back and read again after some coffee :P

Anush said...

my comprehension skills are pretty low... but they hit a new low after reading this post of urs... [:)]

Jan said...

ooh... i began reading this sometimes back but had to stop cos I was kicked off the comp. Guess I never finished reading! Amazing clarity, I could picture everything in my head. Mmm really liked this one, and hey! it wasn't that enigmatic! it has a mysterious tone, yes, but I have no idea what da rodent and crazybugga are talking about!

Lol, I guess you're a total poetry person, even your prose is poetic!

-jan

Ms. Lane said...

9: thanks..lol will think abt it
Manasa: lol
Da rodent: hehe get reading again quick!
Crazybugga: sorry it was unintended!
Jana: thanks yes i am a poetic person! and if u dont think its enigmatic am glad u atleast found it mysterious!

Anonymous said...

We learn from neuropsychology that an important part in the functional http://startso11.info/www.witch%2Cpl.html activity of the apparatus is attributed to such regulations through the qualitative excitation of the sensory organs.. After some reflection I was able to give her the interpretation of the dream, which I subsequently made her http://storyah44.info/blitz+krieg.html confirm.. After the coachman had rung several times, an Irish girl opened the door, cautiously (as Irish girls always do), and admitted them into the entry, where http://rebestal.info/charakterystyka+Tomasza+Judyma.html one light only was burning in a branch lamp.. Fluker had many and many a time acknowledged that he had ambition; so one night he http://startso11.info/szroty+gdynia.html said to his wife: You see how it is here, Nervy.. The view which she was at some pains to make understood was, that http://storyah44.info/biterw.html her friends had contrived this method of keeping her out of the way of a desperate lover whose addresses were not acceptable to them.. I'll tell mother http://startso11.info/msc.html that we're just stepping out to do a little calling on the girls.. He had served his novitiate. http://startso11.info/puff+daddy+kellys.html. To the round of ideas of the same dream, however, there belongs http://startso11.info/dumeter.html the recollection of my first visit to Munich, when the Propyloea struck me.. She caught his fat white hand, which was lying on the http://startso11.info/echo+investment+kielce.html table, between her own and lifted it to her lips.. I'll slip off http://startso11.info/fabryka+tapet+gnaszyn.html my shoes and lie down till Babe ties up the dog in the morning, said Ross.. In pronouncing these words he drew a sharp knife across the guide-rope by which I was suspended, and as we then happened to be precisely over my own house (which, during my peregrinations, had been handsomely rebuilt), it so occurred that I tumbled headlong down the ample chimney and http://startso11.info/www.wirtus.pl.html alit upon the dining-room hearth.. To be sure we, too, have called the dream absurd; but we have been able http://startso11.info/windfinder+weather+forecast+dziwnow.html to learn from examples how wise the dream really is when it simulates absurdity.. He even affected not to notice that she had put on her best clothes, and he made no doubt appeared as when she had first attracted the mature yet faithless attentions of Deacon http://startso11.info/WWW.PA%C5%83STWOWA+STRA%C5%BB+PO%C5%BBARNA.PL.html Hotchkiss at church.. The day before he was assiduously reading about great heroes. http://startso11.info/www.kochanowski+liceum+.pl.html. Leonard's as soon as we possibly http://rebestal.info/rybnik.html can.. I do, but I could love him a good deal harder if he would stay in front of Hopkins's best. http://startso11.info/folia+termokurczliwa.html. I know you are hard up for money--never mind how I found out, a boarding house is no place to keep such http://startso11.info/kuchnia.pl.html matters secret--and I want you to let me help you out of the pinch.. The free indulgence of the psychic in the play of its faculties finds expression http://startso11.info/mastah.html with us in the non-interference with the dream on the part of the foreconscious activity.. Let us hope that his business activities will not keep him too much away from the production of literature--for to rank as a piece of literature, something of http://startso11.info/dwiga+grzyb.html permanent literary value, Gideon is surely entitled.. But it is obvious http://startso11.info/%C5%BBW.html that condensations and intermediate or compromise formations occurring in the presentations impede the attainment of this end-identity; by substituting one idea for the other they deviate from the path which otherwise would have been continued from the original idea...

Arvind said...

Hmmm... She must've roamed the streets on one of the luckier nights.

Surprisingly, nobody splashed muddy water on her, she didn't encounter any prostitutes, not even a single stray dog chased her about town..
And WOAH!! No rapists on the prowl!! It's really a miracle! :P

Nice new layout.. Goes to show how long it's been since I got here..

Keep blogging! I've subscribed to your blogs now, so even if I don't actually voice my opinions here, you can be sure I'll be reading whatever you write, from my inbox.. :)