Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Island

An island in a sea of people..
I see a million faces, some smiling, some sad. But, I get the feeling suddenly I am alone. Anyone who knows me personally will say thats impossible considering I have a million friends placed all around the world. I have a hectic life filled with everything possible and I mean it.But still its like I am a new born child nameless, waiting to get an identity. Why is it that I have the need to place my self in context with the rest of the world. Why can't I just be..

Things have changed in a matter of days..Familiar voices seem like that of strangers. Where once I used to find warmth, laughter and wit. I find a winter. The few moments I do share with the people I care about never seem enough and I feel untouched. I have stopped experiencing,learning and growing in company.

Does anyone really care?
I try to reach out but its like I am in movie and my life is being played without me actually living it.
Have things changed.. Or have I just been hit by a very strong existentialist bug.

Written under an acute need to vent! This post is just for me- an E-diary entry perhaps.

5 comments:

9 said...

hey ter.. im Mr.Hope.. I land on the island !.. n ters life on it now!

Arvind said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arvind said...

Hey...
You're young and you have yet to make a place for yourself in this world.. & discover your own identity..
All's not lost, for you have already accomplished what many people your age are still clueless about. They flounder about and you already think about newer horizons..

So until your true calling comes along, hold on to everything you're familiar with.
With acceptance will come tolerance...
And with tolerance comes happiness and fulfillment...

So indulge only in healthy introspection and leave the judging to others, for they are always the ones who are worst at it.. :)

Ms. Lane said...

Ravi: Welcome to the island :)

Arvind: Hmm... You seem to have me all figured out! :P
And, "With acceptance will come tolerance...
And with tolerance comes happiness and fulfillment..." - VERY DIFFICULT! Will give it a shot :)

Manasa. K .Kumar said...

hey i feel the same way when people all around have everything figured out and i dont even know what im going to do with my life .

but people keep saying i do this well i do that well , makes me all the more confused ..

maybe im on the same island or one thats quite close to it :) so be in there , we'll get an answer to our mayday calls :) hopefully:)

manasa