The roads might end but journeys go on...
Four soldiers of a very witty and valiant nature venture out in an effort to find a place to train and intern so as to explore and test our skills . We set out on a voyage to a little place i'd like to call "Dustyland"- Ambattur.The initial excitement soon vanished once we found out the only way to get there was by our very reliable and often scary bus transport. So we set out on the good old bus ,a good one hour journey and as we were nearing the place the wiff of sand and the sight of endless stretches of brown and yellow seemed to hint that the place needed a rainwash real bad.
We set foot on the beloved enterprise that would have us and found ourselves waiting for something or someone all the time there. If not anything, then it was for a slight shower of rain. Anyway we finally got confirmed and began working as full-time interns. The mighty seven hills seperated our forces and we were now divided.
Anyway we decided not be let down. We are of the brave and valiant kind.
The first week of work I was put in the editorial, there I discovered that editing is not exactly very exciting and couldnt see what the fuss was all about. I had to proof read the reports of people I dont even know actually exist. Change, correct, punctuate (seriously ME who hates punctuating) anyway learnt quite a lot about how everything works and what goes into the finishing product and final print that one reads with a morning tea.
The second week has begun and I am in reporting, here I have learnt that the city has more to it than what meets the eye.Its been one rollercoaster ride from finding out what my assignments are to figuring out how to get there and finally travelling all the way back to Dustyland and filing in my report. PHEW! but all the sweat and pain is worth that one moment of glory and respect that reflects off people when I say- Hello,I am from the press!
I have enjoyed every moment of this experience the bus surfing to the paining knees and the free lunches. Exploring the city like never before meeting so many people in one day. Interviewing school kids to Company Directors . The snobbish and the utterly camera shy.
I get to see the elite and the downtodden all in a days work!
I'm loving it!
4 comments:
wow wow wow ...i wanna do this !! ..
hehe every dog has its day ..well ..im waiting waiting for mine !
hope you finish it up faasttt n show them ur mettle !
tc
wow! this is exciting.. absolutely tempting!
btw i'm a frnd of 9... and had been reading ur blog for a while now.. cudn't stop myself from commenting here.. hope u don't mind
thts jus awesome to be busy wid excitin n lovable work.. ur job is damm coool.. i wanna jump in.. :P
we do a bit of(lot of!!!) reportin in engg too.. technical reports,lab reports, project reports.. thu.. :( :P
manasa : hehe yes u will have ur day too girl! :)
punchagan: thanks for reading and commenting..do visit again if u can bear the madness
9: hehe yeah i know those reports suck well maybe u can try ur hand at journalism as well..hehe :)
Post a Comment