Monday, May 22, 2006

Time to leave..

Sometimes I see your face
The darkness surrounding me seems
To fade
Over the seas of silence
I long to hear your voice

Asleep on a frozen lake
I drift on an empty ice berg
Alone
Longing
To be rescued
All this time
Tears flow endlessly
Like a river
I have hid this pain
Far too long even from myself

The uncertainty
I cannot handle
Either you come
Or I might just have to leave

Its not easy to do this but
But I am tired of giving
and watching to take.
Now I know realize why
With you standing next to me
I feel cold.
On a hot summery day.

10 comments:

smoke said...

Whoaaa... woman! How the hell do you do that? You keep getting better and better with every poem you write! Sheesh, better watch out, I might just kill you off out of jealousy or something.

This one was a real gem. You've captured the essence of the emotion and put it down in words really well, i think. Loved the frozen lake thing (yeah, even though i've heard it from you many times before!) and the last two lines left an absolute punch. LOVED IT! in other words!

This type of poetry comes so well and naturally to you, more than the type we wrote in creative writing class, i.e., verse on objects n all!

Well, there. Latest rant and gush done. I'm sure you'll come up with more for me to do so all over again!

Rock on... :D

Ms. Lane said...

And that is the longest comment i have recieved..lol..thanks jan atleast u think i make sense it helps trust me.

Manasa. K .Kumar said...

WOAHHHHHHHH dats like like that rose is writing that in titanic except tht jack aint nice in da movie ....lol but seriously grt work dere !!!!
loved it as usual
keep goin
manasa

Ms. Lane said...

thanks manasa titanic hmm now thats sumthing i never really thought of guess the ice berg bit leads u to it.

Known Stranger said...

very good page design but littlee difficult to get along.

karthik said...

feeling cold in the summer! nice!
some reason i thought u were a guy...(?) guess writing's writing huh? nother one for the blog!

Anonymous said...

known stranger: thanks well went thru 2 skins m stickin to this for a while love the rain effect actually.
flunky:hmmm...me a guy!!! dunno whether to take offence anyway i am a girl and wish you wud acknowledge that soon.and rini as far as i know is a girl's name..did u think tat after readin the poem? u think the poem is a guys' point of view?.. well i didnt really think of the sex while writing it.thanx for stoppin by anyway.

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

dudette!! you rock!! this is much better than anything you ever wrote in creative writing class!! you have a flare.... keep it up!! and keep writing... i'll read when i can and leave comments..!!

p.s. i'll try to be more critical in my next comment and come up with something more concrete thn 'rock' and 'flare'.....

tata!!

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»