Wednesday, March 22, 2006

yay! found my obsessions

There were times when i would see my friends getting obsessed about several things like theirs girl/boyfriend, crushes someone i know even gets obsessed with strangers online..(Mr.serial killer)..Well the weird thing was I often wondered why i never got obsessed like them..
Then in a moment of mighty revelation it dawned on me that I am filled with obsessions

1. Music: From the time I realized I had little soft thingies that helped me hear I have been glued to this extraordinary phenomenon that continues to surprise me. Three stages to set my obsession on the roll:
>I listen to someone hum a song or maybe listen to it in passing from someone’s house, maybe on TV or the best source the live band ( my brothers and their friends) that are I admit the most musically crazed lot I’ve seen
>after this go to lime wire oops the secret is out heh!!
> then it BEGINS. I listen to the song all day those who see me on MSN can vouch for that, it doesn’t end there I listen to it every morning waiting for my friend on my player , then go to college and every chance I get during class I listen to it irritate everyone around nodding my head singing out loud and yes worst is when I start screaming and going berserk over the volume of the song playing only in my ears.
Right now am obsessed with Tom petty’s Free Falling (thanks to sudhish kamaths blog)


If music where ever to miraculously take a human form I would just fall on my knees and say “You complete me”. Quoting Tom Cruise from Jerry Maguire. This brings me to next the obsession

2. Movie: hmm…what can I say am a big time movie freak love anything to do with movies, considering I have a family that is as crazy as me about movies its like the easiest thing to get hooked on to, I can go watch movies even if it means just to criticize it later I never never go by what other people say about a certain film, not into reviews, for me a movie is a very personal experience I could see beauty in the most painfully shot scene.i watch anything from Hindi, English, French, Italian, Iranian, Japanese to even Tamil. Oh and yes if I ever get talking about some movie I really like there is no end I could go on and on….about how the script,cinematography,screenplay..blah blah is so good and then like most of my friends know by now would drag them to the theatre or maybe even home and make them watch it.
Currently stuck in my head: Red violin (English,Italian,French,Chinese)
Always stuck: a very long engagement (French)

3. Cars: Wow!! M crazyyyyyyyy about cars weird I know for a girl but yup m like this really car/speed crazy female. got hooked on to it for time unknown, its one thing I cannot do without I would freeze stop talking even if am like saying something to eagerly waiting crowd if I see some super sexy black car..lol
I could stare at cars even if the world were coming to an end I mean there is nothing in the world that could actually get a second look from me more easily than a car..and I can now claim I have my very own permanent license..(license to kill bye bye population worries )
My fav: Black lambhorghini,audi,Porsche(I have expensive taste I know)
In India it has to be Black skoda

Hmm..i guess I should stop before I really go on rattling again..apart from the above I am addicted to chocolates, butterscotch icecreams and blogging….

7 comments:

smoke said...

Seeing that I am that friend who picks you up from home... Man! Do I know about your obsessions or what! The worst part is when I catch a song bug from you! Thankfully I haven't caught one lately :D

As for movies, too lazy to catch that from you. And hmmm. I've suddenly started noticing the finer details about cars where I just used to notice the colour of these blocks of metal on wheels!

So yeah... Congrats, you're obsessed!

Manasa. K .Kumar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Manasa. K .Kumar said...

lol grt obsession mania rini
me am obsessed wid lot more things comparesd to u tho! u tell it ..im obsessed wid it ! starting from movies to phones to electronics to earrings to jeans to everything!
lol keep rocking
manasa

Anonymous said...

i love u
-serial killer

Anonymous said...

your my obsession sweetie can you help?

Ms. Lane said...

my wait has ended serial kiler is here..creeps

Manjith said...

hmmm...for all u knw one of my gud frnds..her obsessions r seen in all that she does ppl..u can talk to her and let a car pass...diff to keep her attention..lol