The issue of faith has long been alluding me and I decided to write a blog on this even though I am averse to serious stuff.Well...faith...what can and cannot be said about it,several wars have been vaged for it's sake , it has been robed with the blood of men and crowned with pearls that men parted with a sigh of grief.
I am a catholic by birth I did not choose to be one I was just born into this faith,hey don't get me wrong I am not complaining about my religion, my point is that we tend to be focussing on only our faith when we have absolutely no clue what other faith's are all about.It's not fair to just consider one's faith superior and ultimately ''tolerance'' is the key word.I dont say this expecting peace to suddenly make a grand arrival it's my blog so i have right to expresss what i feel.
Faith has several dimensions too..
Recently I heard that certain catholics consider it wrong to watch read or have anything to do with Harry potter,I refuse to even understand this because to me its absolutely nonsensical, its insane to deprive oneself this way in the name of religion.All this drama-shama because they''[wonder who they are] think we shall loose our faith and falter!!!...hello!!!what sort of faith do you have if you can't actually handle a book to me thats really lame its almost like doubting your own faith...or rather having no faith in your faith.
Few years back they[don as me who they are] forbid the catholics from listening to ''eagles- hotel california'' I remember my brother's band wasnt allowed to perform this song in his college becoz it had demonic and satanic references...ironical don't you think,i thought colleges where supposed to be places of proper and grounded education where they wanted to enlighten young minds .
I always felt i was just over reacting to all this, with all my theories on faith and stuff..if i am considered insane for the above i really donot care i just enjoy my insanity coz atleast i am being myself..[and not hyprocritcal]
2 comments:
Well said, my friend! We've discussed this before and I think if more people thought this way, the world would be a better place. So many wars based on so called religious beliefs would not happen and would instead leave people free to wage war on political and economic grounds! :D I think insecurity and basic distrust in one's religion is what leads people into forbidding stuff like this.
Harry Potter and its creator are indeed the tools of the devil to spread Satanism and Occult in this world and facilitating the advent of the anti-Christ. It’s a sacrilege to suggest otherwise, who ever does so... let their soul burn in the deepest and the vilest pits of hell.
Post a Comment